TAP Winter Season 2015 (July-August)
Over the past two months, Lexis Australia has been running its yearly Teens Activity Program (TAP) at three of its campuses. Around 130 students, aged 13-18, from over 15 different countries made their way to Australia to study at Lexis schools in Perth (WA), Byron Bay (NSW), and Noosa (QLD). The TAP programs run at these schools differ from the general English courses that are taught to the adult students in that the teens get to participate in afternoon activities every day after their morning English classes.
Generally, the schools run three different TAP programs:
- TAP Surfing and Residential Surf School (Byron Bay): Everyday, Monday-Friday, the students are picked up at the school by a local surf company for 2 hours of teaching and practicing surfing at the local beach. Residential Surf School students also have opportunities to visit local surf shops and board shapers so they can gain a better understanding of surf culture in Australia.
- TAP Tennis: Everyday, Monday-Friday, the students head to the local tennis courts and are met by their tennis coaches. The coaches run drills and teach proper techniques so students improve on their game considerably.
- TAP General: Monday-Friday, the students are accompanied by their TAP Coordinator to their activity which differs from day to day. Some activities that TAP General students find themselves participating in are surf and tennis lessons, local tours, shopping trips, scavenger hunts, hikes, etc.
TAP students are also given the opportunity to participate in weekend day-trips and activities. Over the past two months, weekend trips included the following places:
- Noosa Everglades (Noosa Campus)
- Australia Zoo (Noosa Campus)
- Movie World Theme Park (Noosa Campus)
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (Byron Bay Campus)
- Freemantle Prison Tour (Perth Campus)